Friday, December 31, 2010

Thanksgiving and Christmas

We spent Thanksgiving in Panguitch this year. It was Jack's first Thanksgiving, and I still managed to only get 2 pictures.. I am horrible..








Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!









Hanging out with my Great Grandpa Jack! Don't we look alike?




Christmas was super fun this year as it was of course Jack's first time for that too.. I love Christmas and the time leading up to it. Jack and I watched lots of Christmas movies everyday. During this time Jack also figured out how to get to stuff he wanted to play with.. Or eat.. Same thing. These things were mainly the lights, decorations on the tree, the tree skirt, and later the gifts under the tree....









I would most of the time return to the front room to find Jack under the tree..











Clark also liked hanging out under the tree... On the extra lights that ended up just being on the floor..


We also made some treats! The point of the treats was to give them away to neighbors and friends... This didn't happen. As fun as they were, they just ended up being too much work to make enough for all the people I wanted to give them to. My solution? Don't give anything! Ha.




They were fun to make, but even funner to EAT!

CHRISTMAS EVE
In Norway Christmas is celebrated on Christmas Eve. That works out nice for us. We spend Christmas Eve with my mom and the Christmas Day with Adam's family.

The dinner spread. Christmas Eve dinner is kind of a big deal over there. The family gets together and they do a big fancy dinner. My mom never disappoints when it comes to Christmas dinner. :)

Also, in Norway, the presents are opened on Christmas Eve. After dinner. It is torture for the kids to get through the meal, but it is so fun! Nissen (Santa Clause) comes to see the kids and give them their presents too.. Well, he does in Norway... Our kids have to wait till the next morning for their Santa presents. We do open all the family gifts though. Here is Jack with some of his.



CHRISTMAS MORNING!

We didn't spoil Jack too much this year since he won't remember it anyway.. Ha. We did get him one big toy though.

Mom helping him open his present. He really just wanted to eat the paper...

He liked it!! And on the floor next to him are some little toys that Santa left in his stocking.

After we opened presents at home, we got ready and headed over to Granny and Papa's house(Adam's mom and step dad). We had breakfast there and opened even more presents. They spoiled Jack like crazy...
This is my "stocking" at Granny and Papa's house! Granny's idea of stocking stuffers would never fit in a stocking, so she gave the babies buckets... Haha

Cute new hat that Granny and Papa gave me!

Daddy helping open a present from Aunt Kimmy. Jack was way more interested in the paper this year...

Then the cousins got there! Aiden got right down on the floor to play with Jack and try to teach him how to crawl. It was the cutest thing ever..

THE DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS
Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures from our Christmas with Adam's dad.. I can't believe I didn't! I'm a little upset with myself, but in any case, we had a blast there too. A fantastic dinner, great gifts and amazing company... I wish Christmas could last a little longer. I start getting ready right after Thanksgiving, but the time just seems to fly by and all of a sudden it is all over...
I hope everyone else had a great holiday. We love you all! Have a great 2011!

No comments: